Sharing this great post from business coach sue clement. You can find out more about her programs that help you think and grow like a CEO!
Do you ever feel overwhelmed with too many options, choices and shiny pennies that are distracting you?
I hear that a lot from business owners.
There’s so much information on how to get clients, different marketing strategies to try, ebooks to read, webinars to view…ARGH!
It’s easy to feel like you’re not doing enough, and you end up spending too much time chasing options. Jumping from one idea to the next, you never really get much done.
Options are good until they slam you into analysis paralysis.
Or you get sucked into the vortex of “busyness,” and trying to do too many things at once that nothing truly gets accomplished.
Before you know it you’ve lost your clarity and focus.
So what can you do instead?
Do Less…Focus More:
- Get clear about what is the most important thing you want to achieve.
- Keep your vision on your big goal DAILY.
- Simplify your priorities.
- Make a plan, review frequently, and stick to it.
- Consistently chose core activities that will give you the biggest impact and results.
- Ignore and remove distractions and interruptions. Protect your focus.
- Schedule your time, have clear boundaries, and keep to them.
- Track and measure your results, then adjust as needed.
So being successful isn’t really about doing more, it’s about clarity, commitment and doing less…BETTER!